Saturday, April 28, 2012

SOS! SOS! Super Organizing Saturday - Assessments

It's Super Organizing Saturday once again! I have come to love these mornings this Spring...not too hot outside, a little chilly....not missing much if I stay inside and organize something! This week...it's my assessment binder for basic concepts. That's right....we're talking about assessments on a weekend. I know, I know, I know....that's a heavy topic for such a fun day of the week. If you agree, you might need a large cup of coffee. I'll wait----you grab yours, and I'll grab mine!


Ok, I'm ready! Here we go! 

When I organize my assessments, I of course do not use manilla folders, hanging file folders, etc. If you've read my posts before, you've probably heard of my File Cabinet Rebellion of 2011, in which I ditched any and all file cabinets or file cabinet "accessories". I loathe file cabinets----and I LOVE binders! 

So, you see where I'm going with this.....and you can infer that I organize my assessments in a binder! 


Here is the beloved binder that holds all of my assessments. I was lucky to have my district supply me with everything that I needed. This binder contains:

My curriculum/State objectives....

Letter Identification assessments...

Letter/sound identification score sheets

Beginning sound assessment & score sheets

And much more! However, there are always those basic assessments that are not supplied by the district or curriculum - but are so necessary to early childhood. It is usually up to the grade level teachers, or individual teacher to create their own assessment and find a way to record the information every marking period or during progress monitoring. 

For me, I certainly needed to update my assessments/record keeping. I've taken the time to create these assessments based on my classroom needs---and perhaps they can work for you as well! All you need is a large 3-ring binder, page protectors, and a color printer. If these assessments work for you, feel free go grab them HERE....at no cost to you! 







7 comments:

  1. Back at you, Ms. Holmes!!! Can't wait for your summer project!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great freebies! I joined your giveaway on TN, but in lieu of bringing one friend, I hope to bring a few! I did a blog post with a link to this post. Hope that counts!

    http://teachertamseducationaladventures.blogspot.com/2012/04/if-you-teach-prek-or-k-youll-definitely.html
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am super excited that I found you (through Teacher Tam's Educational Adventures). I teach preschool and it looks like you have some wonderful resources I can use. Thanks for sharing and stop by to visit me when you can!
    Lori @ Cachey Mama’s Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  4. How can we print these out? They only show as a photo and are not the size of a sheet, they are smaller.. Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
  5. oops red is not on your assessment log

    ReplyDelete