Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Dolch "Ball Words"

It's been days in the making (literally)....printing, laminating, cutting, and placing on rings, but I'm finally done!! I'm using the "Ball Words" from A Differentiated Kindergarten to help my students work toward mastery of all 220 words. With such a fun little program (complete with student recognition and awards), it shouldn't be a problem at all! I am certain students will take full initiative to want to practice their words and play all of the fun little games included.


I can't even begin to tell you how many games you can squeeze out of these fun little cards---and many of the other printables included but not shown here. How awesome!! 

If you get this printable, here are my recommendations: 
  1. 1. Get a ton of card stock & ink (worth the money you will spend!...better yet if your school has a color printer you can use!!)
  2. Stock up on your caffeinated beverage of choice and throw it down the hatch often!! Maybe even order a pizza & throw on some comfy clothes - you'll be there awhile.
  3. Gather several of your closest friends and relatives to help. (I got mine done with the help of some chatty work sessions with my friends and colleagues & paying a small fee to my 9 year old for each page cut out...and to my 5 year old daughter for sorting the words into piles!...it's not child labor if they offer, you pay, and they love it! Right?!---OH, and not to forget my dear husband who cut the very last set that I "just couldn't muster up the energy to do!)
  4. Find a place to hang all these in your classroom - child accessible! 
  5. Have fun and keep in mind the smiles & excitement you know your students will have learning with colorful, aesthetically appealing, learning materials!! ---which is why we do what we do! 
In other words, "Have a Ball!" 






No comments:

Post a Comment